Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice Storm 2009

Man, Northwest Arkansas really got hit hard by this ice storm. There are over 120,000 people without electricity and I am so thankful that we have been so fortunate to have electricity through the entire event. It all started Monday evening and is starting to melt today finally, but a lot of people are having even worse damage now from the icicles melting and toppling trees down on their homes and property. Keep all of NWA and the entire area in your prayers.

On another note, I am SO EXCITED that we are headed north this weekend to Kansas to visit Tony's family. It has been forever since we have been there and we really love spending time with them, when we can. I know it will be a lot of fun. Next week, we are headed to South Arkansas, as Tony has to work down there and I am going to work remotely from there as well and spend time with my grandparents. That will be a good time as well. During next week we are having some renovations done to our home. The nursery is getting painted, our bedroom is getting painted and we are getting new hardwood laminate flooring put down in the living room, hallways and closet. I am super excited about this, and especially to see the beginnings of our little ones nursery.

I am almost 15 weeks and 6 days, so almost 16 weeks. I go for a check-up Monday and then get to make the appointment for the big ultrasound where we find out the big question, BOY OR GIRL? Right now I have a hunch it is a boy, but that is just me! I am really starting to show now and so I went to Motherhood Maternity in the Promenade and my parents gave me some money and I got 3 new shirts and a belly band to start using. They have really nice things, and I got Tony a book, "So You're Going to Be a Dad". I also got some lotion and other personal items, along with the preggie drops/pops. They have really helped with the morning sickness!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

AMY-I am so glad you still have power! Also, I can't wait til you find out if it's a boy or girl! So precious! Best of all, come over to my blog! Ther's a little something over there for you!

Holly said...

Wow, it sounds like you've been having some crazy weather! I have to say, I am not jealous of you in the least, lol! :P

Miller said...

I love pink and brown!! That's what we did Micah's room in, and not to brag, it looked great!